Monday, February 06, 2006

I can do it myself!

Leah' s preschool will be having a Valentine's Day party next Monday. The school has asked that we bring in the filled out Valentine's cards this week so they can sort through them before the party. This morning, I took on the task of writing out cards for each classmate . The plan was for me to write each kids name and then sign my daughter's name as the sender. When I explained to Leah what I was about to do, she insisted that she would write her own name. Which gets me to the reason for this post - she is one determined little girl! She constantly asks me how to do things and then wants to try doing them by herself. Very seldom does she become frustrated with the task. Most of the time she just tries again. This kid just won't give up! I really admire this quality in a person and am pleased that it is so prevalent in Leah's personality.

As expected, Leah finished signing all nineteen cards and was off to school in a flash! Now, if only I could get her to write out my Christmas cards...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! She sounds like my daughter in her patient persistence. Little J doesn't get frustrated with tasks either, unlike her mommy!

Eileen said...

Your daughter is beautiful too Stephanie! I love the name Leah, it made our short list of 5 names (Lindsey, Allison, Leah, Paige, and Noelle).

I hear you with the Christmas cards. :-) This year I had photo cards made with our sig on them and printed labels for the envelopes, also wrote a Christmas letter on the computer - no writing! Just stuff envelope, seal, stamp and mail!

Kim said...

Your daughter is so beautiful!

Jen R. said...

That is so cute how she signed her name. She is adorable.

I never have the time for Christmas cards...so terrible, isn't it?

Doug said...

I think your daughter and my daughter came from the same mold.

Seems that Kelly Clarkson had a hit song called "Miss Independence" and that would be my little girl's theme song.