Monday, February 27, 2006

Corners of My Home #2



This post is about one of my favorite rooms to be in - the kitchen. I love to cook and enjoy spending time with the radio on preparing a meal for my family. My husband Joe is a super handy man and built this entire kitchen from the studs up about four years ago.

As for appliances, I have the standard toaster on the right, coffee pot in the middle and the "what the heck is that" appliance next to the sink. That actually is a staple in many a Chinese household (along with the mandatory shoe rack next to the front door). It is a hot water heater that maintains water at the boiling point for tea. My girlfriend Nicole from What about Mommy loved the idea of instant hot water so much that she asked her husband for one at Christmas time. If you are a big tea drinker, it is awesome (you can buy them online at Amazon). If not, you could probably find better use for your counterspace.

I am a little obsessive with keeping my kitchen clean. I don't like clutter on my countertops and get annoyed when the stray glass ends up sitting in the sink all day. Is this a symptom of obsessive compulsive disorder? Probably, but I'm not going to worry about it unless I start washing my hands a hundred times a day.

8 comments:

Jen R. said...

I like this "Corners" idea...it's interesting to see how others live..I may have to "steal" it from you:)

Kim M. said...

Oh Stephanie please. I live for a clean Kitchen. With 3 kids it can pose a problem. I spend a lot of time it there and I like things clean. I love this post. Thanks I feel normal. Tell my husband he shouldn't leave his oatmeal bowl in the sink before he goes to work. How hard would it be to put it in the dishwasher. GEEZZZZ!

Michelle said...

I like this "theme" too. Did you get it off another blog, or did you come up woit it yourself? Either way, I really like it. I would love to do something like it too.

Stephanie said...

Michelle & Jen,
I got the idea of Corners of my Home from another blog. Please feel free to do it on yours!

Juliet said...

I need to get one of those hot water heaters. I drink tea constantly.

I think that, if you are going to be obsessively clean in a room, the kitchen is the room to be obsessive about. The bathroom, too.

Puddin' said...

Hey...I really like that hot water thing! Amazon, eh?

I'm totally a neat freak! I can't leave my house in the morning unless every bed is made and everything is in it's place! OCD? Probably!

Joannah said...

Cute kitchen! Mine used to be cleaner, before I started blogging...

Kristin said...

Ok, I went to Amazon and ordered one for my mom for her birthday... thanks for the tip!!