I saw this meme on another blog and even though I wasn't tagged I thought it would be fun to fill out anyway.
- The first movie you remember seeing on the big screen: I think it might have been E.T. I do remember that my Mom and I loved it so much that we brought my father with us to see it again.
- Movie from which you can quote multiple lines in your sleep: Probably these three: The Hunt for Red October, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and Shawshank Redeption. All three are the kind of movies that if my husband and I are channel surfing on a Saturday night and one of them happens to be on we still watch the entire thing.
- Director (dead or alive) with whom you would most like to have dinner: Ang Lee. He is just so versatile.
- Movie that should have won an Oscar but didn't: I can't think of any off the top of my head. Trust me though, two days after I post this list I will think of plenty!
- Movie that didn’t disappoint despite being an adaptation from a book: The Cider House Rules, Emma, The Joy Luck Club
- Movie you were dragged to by someone else, expecting to hate but loved: My best friend from high school insisted that we see Glory. It is the story of the first black regiman in the Civil War. It stared Matthew Broderick and Denzel Washington and I was just blown away.
- Movie that still scares the crap out of you no matter how many times you see it: The Exorcist.
- Movie that still makes you bawl no matter how many times you see it: Glory (the entire last 45 minutes) and Sense and Sensibility (the end when Hugh Grant tells Emma Thompson that he isn't married to someone else and he wants to marry her) - it gets me every time!
- Movie that still has you rolling around on the floor with laughter no matter how many times you see it: The Christmas Story. Just seeing Ralphie in the pink bunny suit his Aunt Clara sent him still gives me the giggles.
If you read this and want to participate, then consider yourself tagged!