Friday, June 23, 2006

A weekend away

No, this isn't some post telling everyone that my husband and I are going away for the weekend. Unfortunately, it just isn't in the cards for us right now. It is though for Nicole and I am thrilled for her (I am also a bit jealous, since she will be staying at one of my all-time favorite places).

A while back, before Leah was born and I was working full time, Joe and I would take long weekends away. I just love New England, so very often we would stay at a cozy little bed and breakfast somewhere in Vermont or Maine. These always made for the perfect pick-me-up. After a hearty and delicious breakfast we would spend our days reading, shopping in little country stores and talking with the other guests. It was just so good to unwind and take a step back from life.

Do you remember, or have experienced lately, the perfect weekend getaway?

Oh, and Nicole, enjoy this view!

6 comments:

Christina said...

I love the picture and your New England weekend sounds wonderful. I did go up to Schofield this week to see Monica and although it wasn't a weekend it was a perfect night. If you check my blog you will see all the kids playing while me and Monica, and Alisha walked baby Julia and talked for 1 1/2 hours. The kids were running and catching the frisbee while Alishas Dominic threw it. then climbing trees and playing. Check out the awesome sunset also.

asiangard said...

Taking a weekend in VT is great, but living here full time, and always having to shop in those little stores....haha not as fun!

Ann said...

That looks so very peaceful. I want to go there and sit back, drink an iced tea and relax

MarylandMommy said...

Looks beautiful! Hope your friend has a wonderful time!!!

MrsFortune said...

Ours is actually Niagra Falls, the canadian side. When we lived in Detroit it was only a 4-hour drive and it is soooooo much fun, like Chuck E. Cheese for adults. Sigh. Now we live too far away and have the little one, we might not make it back for a while.

~Crystal~ said...

I have always wanted to visit New England...Hopefully I will someday.