Friday, April 07, 2006

I live WAY to close to my hometown

I hate this when it happens. I walk into a public place and someone says to me, "did you go to so-and-so high school?" I am terrible about remembering people from my school days (apparently I must be blocking those years out) so I inevitably make small talk with someone I don't remember. Weird! And of course, what had I been doing before I met up with this guy. Working out for the last hour at Jazzercise. The dried sweat still stuck to my face. Lovely.

6 comments:

Kim M. said...

Oh I hate that. My parents live in the same place I grew up in. When I run to the Target near her house I always run into someone I knew way back when. I hate small talk....Was that guy in your Jazzercise class? Yuck!!!

Anonymous said...

Who was it?
:) Ariel
PS also still blocking out those years except for you of course.

LindaJ said...

I live way to close to where i went to HS too. Never fails that i see someone when i look like crap. But, then again most everyone is 40 pounds heavier or on meth.

Joannah said...

I have similar experiences when I shop in the city or county in which I teach. I usually run into students or former students and their families. While I usually remember the faces, sometimes the names don't come to me right away (of the former students). I'm always afraid that I'll damage some young person's self-esteem because his or her beloved fourth grade teacher forgot their name.

Karen and Jon said...

Uhhh. My parents and my sister live in the town where I grew up. I broke my nose on the playground in 6th grade. Blood everywhere. No one remembers my name. I used to get "hey aren't you the girl that fell off the monkey bars and shattered her nose."

Lisa and Tate said...

I hate that when that happens!!! Which is all the time.... I remember NOTHING about them and they remember EVERYTHING about me.... I just smile and nob a lot!!! At least you were excersising and keeping yourself looking HOT even though sweaty!!!

Lisa